Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jogging Strollers

OK, we finally bit the bullet 2 weeks ago and we went out and bought a jogging stroller...we walked in to babies R us to get Addy a new big-girl carseat, and out we came with 2 big purchases...oops/yay! :o)


ANYWAY, we picked out a pretty cool stroller, tested out the floor model and grabbed the box
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2796629



and out we went! When we got home I put it together (that's my job...I'm the putter-together-er...you know what I mean) and holy shit, I realized it has a built-in MP3 speaker...like, you just plug your IPOD in and the kids can rock out while you are going for your run! How cool is that?

The kids love it, I love it, it's really easy to push while you are running, and the kids have plenty of room. The front wheel swivels when you want it to, or you can lock it in to place to run.

The only problem with it is that Chase tries to escape, because he'd rather run with us!


Cute story, on Saturday morning we got out to work out early, and still had the kids in their PJ's...Chase was wearing a rather heinous pair of white jammies with boats or something along those lines on it...and you know how kids jammies are supposed to be tight? Well, these weren't exactly flattering. So, Chase ran and walked 2 miles with us, waving to all of the neighbors driving by, and he had a blast...rocking his white jammies and light-up shoes...so he looked especially ridiculous.

But he was SO happy, and he got such great exercise, that it made up for us not being able to really run the whole time...he is 2.5 you know! :o)

3 comments:

The Samsons said...

That looks like a nice stroller - and the mp3 hookup is a GREAT feature. I'm jealous! That's funny about Chase in his pajamas - I can just picture him running around without a care that he's dressed in bunny pajamas :). Is Bruce running too - and if so, who pushes?

The Samsons said...

oh oops boat pajamas

The Roberts said...

There are lots of Saturday mornings that Owen keeps his jammies on. Even worse, we let him get out to play at the park rocking pj's and Crocs!