Saturday morning Chase came downstairs carrying his "mingy" (blankie) as usual. The slight difference is that he had it balled up and brought it to breakfast with him. If someone was talking he'd shush us and say that the baby was sleeping.
This continued after breakfast when he went to lay down with "baby"...we have no idea where the wanting to have a baby thing came from, but it was so cute we just kind of rolled with it.
When Addy woke up I took Chase up and let him pick out a doll to swaddle in his blanket so he'd really have a baby to look after...he decided he had twins...a baseball teddy bear and (my sister is going to die...) my old Cabbage Patch doll that I was given when Carol was born (I was devastated and wanted a brother!)
Here are a few pictures of him laying down in his choo choo bed with his sleeping babies...he'd squeeze his eyes shut to pretend he was sleeping...he was so proud I couldn't get him to "sleep" for this picture
Needless to say, Chase decided after our photo shoot that having 2 little ones to watch after is ALOT...Chase has donated the teddy bear to Addy to look after and Chase is big brother to "baby" the cabbage patch doll. It's hilarious...he went everywhere with us this weekend...he gets plenty of hugs and kisses from everyone in the house, and Chase tried to let him take a bath last night...I had to be a party pooper and veto that one!
1 comment:
Man- I think my heart just burst with the gooey cuteness that was your post.
What a sweet boy- he will be a helper and someone that everyone goes to for help.
Love you, Sister!
PS- How is that cabbage patch kid still alive? Is it falling apart?
Post a Comment