Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Carol

As most of you know, my sister, Carol, is stationed in Bagdad in the Army. Yesterday was her 23rd birthday. She sent us all an email this weekend showing the picnic that her unit and another group threw to celebrate her birthday. At least they are trying to make the best of it, you know? Here are a few of the pictures she sent...almost looks tropical she said in her email that they "had a birthday party/picnic by a biohazard lake with dead fish in it, and non American flies swarming everywhere. Absolute heaven" nice...


I sent her birthday cake in Mason Jars...pretty neat, you just bake the cakes in jars, and boil the lids, as soon as you take the cakes out of the oven, you seal them off by screwing the lid on...as it cools the jars seal, and it will stay fresh for at least 2 weeks. I sent her our family favorite, Lemon Pound Cake...just a little something, and when she called to thank me, I knew I had scored points...the little things amuse her the most, I think!

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Little Llama...can't wait to see you in JUNE. Keep your chin up and your head and your "Richardson ass" down ;o)

Love, Big Sis

1 comment:

The Lillis Family! said...

How sweet! you are such a good sister