Friday, June 20, 2008

I am such a jerk!

OK, Carol has been home from Iraq for 2 weeks and I haven't posted anything about her being home since her arrival!

The first weekend she was home we went to a Nat's Game...in 100 Degree Weather! Gah! Here is a picture of the gang, minus Bruce, he was the photographer. Can we talk about this picture for a minute? Ok...thanks.

#1) My dad and I are the biggest nerds...look at the hands on the hips pose we both have...at least I know where I get it from.

#2) Do I remind you of one of those red, white and blue Popsicles you can get from ice cream trucks? I was trying to be cool and rock team colors, OK?

#3) Check out my Mom's hat...nice

#4) Carol...the skinny one with the great hair? Yeah, who looks that good after hanging out in the desert for 6 months? Jerk. And the guy sandwitched in between Carol and I is Verne, Carol's wonderful boyfriend. :o)

#5) Oh, and the cool guy on the end is my Uncle Pat...can I just tell you that he walked home from the stadium, instead of taking the metro, after many beers, in the hot hot weather? He stopped for 2 hot dogs on the way home.

Here's a picture of Bruce and I...it was HOT and VERY, VERY sunny
Here I am, holding up my Redskins Bottle Holder thingy...it's OK that it wasn't Nats Gear...as long as you root for the home team, you are good to go, FYI
I am VERY SAD to say that this is the ONLY picture I have from the ROCKIN pig roast we had last Saturday. I was way too busy drinking delicious sangria, chasing the kids around and socializing to take pictures.

My dad just turned 50...here's a picture of him in well, boxers and an Get Lucky t-shirt...Oh, and a Guinness hat on. Oh? and that moon bounce behind him was a water slide that my brilliant husband Bruce and cousin Matt decided to soap up. It might have been only in the low 70's but damn if we didn't get our moneys worth out of that thing!

LAST THING...please note the sex-ay ankle brace my dad has on...typically he has is ORTHOPEDIC CROCS (which he loves to talk about) on along with it...he fell from a tree last year and shattered his foot. AND he's a fire-fighter. It doesn't' get much better than this folks.

50 is SO NOT OLD! (Love you dad!)

1 comment:

The Lillis Family! said...

look at that HOT bod! you go girl! you look GREAT!